Spanning nearly 500 hectares (1,235 acres), the Vaux-le-Vicomte estate forms a unique ensemble. Fruit of Nicolas Fouquet’s bold vision, it is a living testament to France’s ‘Grand Siècle’, the 17th century.
Enjoy Vaux-le-Vicomte throughout the day! You will find gere some examples of a typical day to refer to:
Day Visit (excluded weekend, bank holiday and school holiday (French Zone C))
- 10 am: Arrival on the estate
- 10:45 am – 12:15 pm: Visit of the château (freely – without speaker or guide – or with an audio-guide available in 9 languages, 3€)
- 12:30 pm: Lunch time at the restaurant Le Relais de l’Écureuil (no booking required) or picnic in the garden
- 2 pm: Visit of the garden (you can rent an electric car : 20€ / 45 minutes)
- 4 pm: Visit of the Carriage Museum
- 5 pm: Enjoy our Gift Shop
Guided visit of the château
The visit of the château can be taken around guided tours for adults or children (on reservation). Choose the tour that suits you HERE
Visit the château
The visit of the château is organized around four levels, decorated and furnished as if Nicolas Fouquet and his family had recently left the place. It is composed of Nicolas Fouquet’s private apartments on the first floor, followed by the ceremonial salons on the ground floor and the staff rooms and kitchen in the basements. The exhibition “André Le Nôtre at Vaux-le-Vicomte, the seminal work of French Formal Garden” closes the visitor circuit. Option (3€): Visit the framework of the dome, culminating above the château and discover a 360° breath-taking view all around the estate.